Types of Membership and Dues
Individual membership: Individuals will pay an annual membership due to be active members of AERN. There are two types of individual members:
- Professionals/Scholars: Professional/scholar members are those who are currently working as professionals, scholars, or faculty at an educational institution. The annual professional/scholar membership due is $100.
- Student: Individual students (Proof of student status required) are those who are currently enrolled as students in an academic institution. The student annual membership due is $50.
Management institutional membership: Management institutional members are institutions that are actively involved in the executive management of AERN daily operations. Management institutional members will contribute an annual membership due of US$2,500 to the cover the administrative and logistic operations of the Secretariat.
Institutional membership: Institutional members consist of institutions affiliated with AERN, but not involved in the daily operations. Institutional members pay an annual membership due of $1,000.00, through a senior representative of such institution.
Benefits of AERN Membership
- Acknowledgment of affiliation on AERN website
- Extensive networking and dialoguewith AERN leaders around the world
- Participation in the membership virtual forum listserv
- Publicity through Members in the Newson the AERN website
- Free posting of open positionsthrough AERN listserv
- A membership directory
- A consultant referral program linking members with potential supports or resources
- Professional development
- Registration at reduced rate for AERN bi-Annual conference
- Participation in business meetings
- Connect with scholars and students from around the world
- Eligible to present at the bi-Annual conference
- Connect online with your community through listservs and forums, and at AERN bi-Annual conference and other events
- Register for the bi-Annual conference at special rates.
- Exclusive access to Job Board
- Professional development
- Eligible for AERN funding, scholarships, and grants
Description of Membership Benefits
- Acknowledgment of affiliation on AERN website: The AERN website will include a section that acknowledges institutional members with a brief descriptive and a link.
- Extensive networking and dialoguewith AERN leaders around the world: Create a private online forum that includes only representatives of institutional members to share scholarly resources and best practices.
- Participation in the membership virtual forum listserv, an active forum for discussion of mutual interests and issues: Identify and select a list of key online resources (i.e., information, topics for discussions, and other similar resources) to share links with institutional members through our listserv on a regular basis (bi-weekly or monthly).
- Publicity through Members in the Newson the AERN website: Regular reminders will be sent to representatives of institutional members, requesting to share information that feature them either in national or international media. A brief press release and a link will be posted on the AERN website.
- Free posting of open positionsthrough AERN listserv: Institutional members will be invited to share their job postings with us. This information will be shared through our member listserv.
- A membership directory: A membership directory will be created for our institutional members and posted on AERN website.
- A consultant referral program: We will create a list of support and resources of potential relevance to AERN members (e.g., funding agencies, experts, databases, etc). Members will be invited to contact AERN for advice on potential resources. When the information is available, AERN will point members to potential supports or resources.
- Professional development: Identify professional development opportunities for institutional members, especially free or sponsored opportunities. These opportunities will be exclusively shared with members. AERN will plan and organize workshops, seminars, or webinars relevant to institutional members.
- Registration at reduced rate for AERN bi-Annual conference: Delegates from institutional members will receive 40% discount on registration fee for AERN bi-annual conference.
- Participation in business meetings: Representatives of institutional members will participate in AERN business meetings, sessions, workshops, retreats, seminars, and other professional gatherings, both in the U.S. and overseas.
- Connect with scholars and students from around the world: As a member of AERN, individuals will benefit from a network of scholars and students from around the world.
- Eligible to present at the bi-Annual conference: Individual members may submit proposals to make scholarly presentations at the bi-Annual conference of AERN.
- Community connections: Individual members will be connected with the AERN community with other members through listservs, forums, AERN bi-Annual conference, and other events.
- Registration at reduced rate: Individual members will register for the bi-Annual conference at special rates of 40% or more.
- Access to Job Board: Individual members will receive exclusive access to AERN Job Board.
- Professional development: Free registration to participate in professional development training offered by AERN (Webinar, Professional Development Workshops during the Forum).
- Funding: Eligible for AERN awards, scholarships, and grants.
- North Carolina State University
- Makerere University
- The University of Namibia
- The University of Zimbabwe
- Kenyatta University
- Ohio University
- The University of Manchester
- Clark Atlanta University
- National University of Lesotho
- Bayero University in Kano
Please, to download, complete, and send your membership form to us!